Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Yes, yes, I know, I'm running a bit late - or I'm claiming Chinese citizenship/ancestry and then I'm bang on!  As with most things these days - my plans seem to be curtailed with one C & E related activity or another.  Christmas, New Year and a child's birthday basically make the end of one year and the start of the next a busy old time - and I generally forgive myself for some tardiness.

So, back to the business of the day,  that resolution.  I have caught myself countless times since W-Day (July 8th), planning for the future.  This has ranged from sorting childcare - I started looking at various options in September, despite E's mum not returning to work until January - through to making enquiries about building work we may be able to do to the house in order to provide for E's future, probably living with us.  It has even gone through to looking at a property becoming available at the back of our house - a flat.  Perfect location if he is able to live semi-independently.

Let me remind you (by you I mean myself), E is 9 months old.  I am planning for major building works and possible property purchase for a 9 month old baby - I do believe I need a reality check!

So lately I have been thinking (as per usual, about the future) and the conclusion I have come to is that the future is a long time and no mater how far we get through it, there is always more waiting.  I began to wonder what am I missing out on in the here and now - what might I regret allowing to pass me?  So my New Year Resolution (Chinese or otherwise) is to live more for the here and now - and by that I do not just mean in an appointment attending care ensuring capacity.  I mean in a roll on the floor, pull silly faces, get covered in slobber, have my fingers chewed, etc, etc capacity.

I'll let you know how I go - but the new way sounds a lot less stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment