Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How Far Will I Go - Apply for a New Job?

E's condition has made me wonder just how far I would go to in pursuit of doing all I can for him.  Recently, an opportunity came up which would test that directly - a job opportunity.  Without going in to too much detail, this job opportunity is an area I had been thinking about in terms of Williams people and their vulnerability in the world.  So what do I do?

I have done the same thing for a living in one guise or another for 13 years (since I entered full time permanent employment).  It's what I know, and I even get some satisfaction out of it.  Don't get me wrong, it is not perfect and I have my issues with it - but its what I do!

Well I have prepared my application, I have written against all of the competencies and entry criteria and I have bought it home to review it.  It is my intention, tomorrow, to send the application off and then to wait until the 8th  for shortlisting.  Honestly, I do not hold out much hope for my chances of this, a major confidence issue when it comes to job applications coming out there.  But, I will apply and I will hope.  I would love to get the job - I already have so many ideas for it.  In fact I have so many ideas that while I may not have the job, I will bring my ideas to fruition in one way or another - although it may miss the wider audience available with the job.

So, wish me luck, cross your fingers, do whatever you do when someone wants some positive vibes - I really want this job - and that is how far a Dad on a journey into the unknown will go!

P.S. I would like to note that I also want to do as much as I can for C - however, I understand that the two are very different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment