Follow by Email

Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Experiment in Self Counselling

My second son, E, was born on 13th April 2011 and our little family was made complete.  It turns out that E has Williams Syndrome - a genetic condition caused by a micro deletion on the long arm of chromosome 7. The purpose of this blog is unlikely to extend to explaining that or any of the science unless i learn something about it in my journey and process.




Anyway, i'll get back to that in the next post - maybe somthing to busy myself with tomorrow evening.  I'm taking my first step in a very new world in order to help myself.  I know i need to let things go and not bottle them up - and i thought the best way i can really pour my heart out is to the world, anonomously. I am not telling my friends and family that i am doing this (but i will one day in the future) - just doing it for me, whether my readership counts 0 or millions.


This will not be a lesson in how to deal with this - it will be my journey in trying to do that - and maybe one day it will help others in my position.  However, i will not hide the emotions which i experience - after all i am doing this in order to set them free!


My next post will take us from what i now call W-day through to now - beyond that, we'll see where it takes us...

Live and learn are my priorities

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. In the same position and reassured to read your thoughts & comments. L

    ReplyDelete